Wednesday 16 February 2011

A date with the littlest man in my life

So, as we all know Valentines day has come and gone. It was a lovely day and each year it reminds me that I want to take more time to to make those around me know i appreciate them.  Easily thought of but not always remembered.

As a desire to start as I mean to go on, yesterday I went out on a date.... and not with my husband!  Nathan our youngest son and I went to a local coffee shop while we were waiting for his sister to finish her dance class.  We had a nice hot drink and a little snack, such a simple thing to do.  I realized after we had been sitting there for 45 minutes (and we really needed to leave to be able to pick up Eden) that Nathan hadn't stopped talking once.  He spent the full 45 minutes telling me about his day, his friends and all that he felt was important.  I have many things I could have done with that 45 minutes but none that would have had so much value.

I can't wait for our next date!

1 comment:

Our New Normal?

Our New Normal? It seems like with all that is happening in the world we are all trying to understand what are new normal looks like...  ...