Tuesday 22 March 2011

Whose call would you decline?

The other day I was sitting with a friend trying to have a very serious conversation and my cell phone kept ringing.  Thankfully my phone has this great feature that while it is ringing I just turn it over and it goes to silent.  Each time the phone rang I quickly glanced at the phone to see who it was explaining to Laila that I need to look incase it is the school. On one of the calls it was my son Caleb so I did excuse myself from the conversation to answer the call just incase it was something important, it wasn't important as you can imagine but that wasn't a chance i was willing to take and Laila having kids of her own completely understood. 



The part that really struck me was that when I returned she asked me "wouldn't it be great if God had a cell phone".  I agreed this would be wonderful but then she asked would you ever decline a call that comes in from him? This made me really think. Laila knows that I believe I can talk/pray at any time and about anything. This is great because I would be making the call, it then made me wonder are there things I do that i would not want to call him about? The unfortunate reality is probably yes, or at least for me it would be.  The conversation did make me think and I did share this verse with my friend Laila. 


"Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching" John 14:23a

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our New Normal?

Our New Normal? It seems like with all that is happening in the world we are all trying to understand what are new normal looks like...  ...