Friday 27 March 2020

Homeschooling?


Thank you to all those who have reached out to ask how our home schooling is going. I am fairly sure most of you have asked out of morbid curiosity! But let me fill you in anyways.... we are NOT homeschooling. Homeschooling is a decisions parents take when they feel that it is best for their family. We have evaluated the idea on many occasions but continue to feel it is not the right decision for our family. We ARE isolation schooling, it’s very different..... it looks like lazy mornings, board games, card games, baking, exercise, worksheets, reading, late nights and various electronics. We get outside while we still can on walks and bike rides. 

My kids don’t need a teacher right now, they need security, reassurance, fun, silliness, and a reminder that while the world is chaotic and so much is out of our control we can still control our actions and how we respond to the situation and each other and that Gods promises have not changed even in a pandemic. 

They daily ask concerning questions about the loved ones that are not with us but they are learning this new normal and so far... isolation schooling is much more fun than homeschooling and at this stage even I am not ready to rush them back to school.

Proof that we do some learning...

 
I am telling myself that I am teaching them strategy... not just having fun.
and Nathan is always willing to help them get rid of some of their energy!
I am even managing to find the time to do some of the things I enjoy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Our New Normal?

Our New Normal? It seems like with all that is happening in the world we are all trying to understand what are new normal looks like...  ...